FREELANCE SHORT-TERM ROLE IN FUNDING AND DEVELOPMENT
Temporary, Part-Time Position from September 2017 – January 2018 (negotiable as long as reasonably immediate)
Working the equivalent of two days per week for 4 months for a total of 32 days; exact dates worked can be arranged very flexibly.
Salary: £32,500 pro-rata (£4,000 for the actual engagement)
Papatango are a multi-award-winning theatre company and registered charity who discover, develop and launch brilliant emerging playwrights who may otherwise not have opportunities to break into professional theatre. All our opportunities are completely free and open to anyone in the UK and Ireland. In 2017 we provided feedback to over 2000 budding writers, ran training courses for 4000 individuals nationwide, and produced and published two outstanding new playwrights as well as adapting a previous production for BBC Radio 4.
Papatango are rapidly growing into one of the country’s biggest talent development companies and we are now looking for an exceptional individual with a proven background in arts fundraising who can help us to continue and to develop our projects in 2018 and beyond. While the role will have some focus on consolidating and expanding core funding from a range of trusts and foundations (some known and some to be approached for the first time) we seek a highly creative fundraiser who can also help us to formulate new philanthropic and individual giving programmes. The short-term nature of the role means that it will be focused on invention and preparation so that the established team can launch and implement the new fundraising strategies that will contribute to Papatango’s development.
The successful candidate will report to Papatango’s executive team, Artistic Director George Turvey and Producer Chris Foxon, but will work mainly independently. It is possible to work from home or in our office in central London, or a mixture of both, and the flexible, part-time nature of the working dates would particularly suit an individual looking for flexibility around other commitments.
The role requires:
– A minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising in the arts, preferably in theatre
– A proven record of fundraising successfully from trusts and foundations, achieving grants in excess of £20,000
– A proven record of attracting and nurturing networks of philanthropic and individual giving
– The ability to work autonomously and independently in devising and implementing new fundraising strategies
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
It is also an advantage for a candidate to have:
– A passion for participation and engagement, making the arts inclusive, and developing new talent
– Strong knowledge of the new writing sector in British theatre
The job description pack is available here: funding & development role.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter of not more than two A4 sides to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line [YOUR NAME] F&D MANAGER APPLICATION by 5pm on Sunday 3 September.
Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
1) Why you want to work with Papatango
2) How you can help Papatango secure core funding from a wider range of trusts and foundations
3) How you would look to implement an effective philanthropic and individual giving programme
Interviews will be held the week commencing 11 September.
Papatango are an equal opportunities employer.